Hello, I've stopped posting here and taken up posting at www.QuasiFarmer.com Please come follow me there.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

We have arrived in China

Well, we have arrived.  China is different.  For one, the internet here has some restrictions.  No Facebook.  I can't even load our blog.  I can get to Blogspot and see the posts we make, but if you try to load our blog address directly - no luck.

This is a short one, I want to go out and get some SIM cards for our phones, find some bottled water, and maybe dinner somewhere.

Now that we have left though, I can truly say that Mongolia is one of the most amazing places on earth.  Think Alaska, but more remote.  But throw in a major dose of recovering from communism, a few hundred years of rule by the Chinese, and then many decades of virtual rule by the Soviets.

I'll try a little later tonight to post about our last two days in Mongolia, and our 30 hour trip aboard the Trans-Siberian Railway.

If people are willing to share this to facebook, that would be awesome since we can't :-/

Nate

1 comment: